Current job vacancies:
Carbon Project Officer
Based at: Taunton, England – with occasional overseas travel
Position reports to: Line Manager (Project Manager or Senior Project Manager)
Job Purpose Summary: CO2balance is a carbon management consultancy and project developer, specializing in delivering high-impact, community-based projects for climate change mitigation. Established in 2003, we work directly with local communities, NGOs and businesses to provide climate change solutions in line with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
As a fast-growing organisation we are looking for a Carbon Projects Officer to assist our young and dynamic projects team to develop, implement and coordinate community-based carbon projects, mainly in Sub-Saharan Africa. The role is based in Taunton in the UK with occasional travel to the project areas required.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision; have a background in the environment and/or development sector; have excellent communication skills, a good attention to detail and a strong business mindset.
In return, we offer you internal support, international travel and the opportunity to work as part of a team in a successful, growing environmental company.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of high impact carbon offset projects
- Assist in the development of project documentation including report writing and emission reduction calculations
- Analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data from project monitoring studies
- Research and conduct feasibility studies for new project activities
- Assist in undertaking Greenhouse Gas Audits and other consultancy tasks as appropriate
- Keep up to date with developments in the carbon management sector
- Assist with developing marketing materials for the projects
Requirements – Essential
- Educated to degree level in relevant field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Numerate with excellent analytical and research skills
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good commercial acumen
- Ability to work as a team player, but also to work alone and manage own workload as required.
Requirements – Desirable
- Post graduate qualification in environmental management, sustainable development or similar
- Knowledge of carbon project methodologies including Gold Standard, VCS and CDM
- Experience working in environment/development consultancy
- Experience of work or travel in developing countries
- Fluency in a second language, especially French or Spanish
To apply: Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com , quoting reference CPO_03.
Application closing date: 9th January 2022