We are delighted to share the news that we have succesffuly Design Certified and registered our Western Zambia Project which now helps deliver thousands of litres of safe water to communities and also begins generating carbon credits.
To date, thanks to the great work of our partners Village Water, the project has already successfully rehabilitated close to 200 community boreholes and counting- supplying safe water to thousands who did not have access previously.
Compared to our Central Zambia province project region, Western Province offers a quite different landscape, with villages generally smaller, more spread with far less local services and infrastructure available to locals.
We look forward to bringing you more updates from this project as the year goes on, with many more village rehabs planned with Village Water and local field partners ECHO.
Whilst you are here, please consider reading some of our other latest posts and updates:
- Co2balance makes ‘happy’ December site visit to Togo
- Measuring impacts in Burkina Faso!
- Our NbS Journey: Introducing the Northern Nigeria Community-Based Forestry Project
- COP28 Round-Up: Lack of progress on Article 6 could create a valuable opportunity for the Voluntary Carbon Market
- New Gold Standard Issuance in Guatemala!